* envisions a winning drag car or show car where a rusty lump of iron sits in a junkyard.
* always ends a sentence with "but it could use a little more power" or "a little more chrome."
* has trouble remembering his wife's/girlfriend's birthday, but can recite reams of Buick part numbers and obscure automotive trivia for hours on end
* will show you photo albums of cars that he has owned, but will only show you pictures of his children if requested.
* tries to convince his wife that she does not need a new vacuum cleaner because the Shop Vac should do just fine.
* cringes at the thought of "potential restoration projects" going to the crusher.
* remembers important events chronologically by which Buick or Buicks he owned at the time. This phenomenon is known as an Auto-Biography.
* thinks a vacation is a junkyard tour through six states.
* is offended by his wife's/girlfriend's remark that she does not care what kind of car he picks her up in as long as he is on time!
* thinks the perfect home would be atop a huge, completely outfitted, multi-car garage.
* is completely baffled by people who are not into Buicks.